We invite you to join us in reading through the entire Bible together. We're not trying to complete it in a limited time frame like a month or a year; but rather, we want to create a habit (or discipline) of getting to know God's heart through what He's told us about Himself.
This year, we are doing something a little different. Instead of just reading through a chapter or two a day, we want to slow down and help Scripture remain with us, and allow the Holy Spirit to speak to us from it, more clearly throughout the day and week. During each week, we encourage you to not only read the passage, but write it down as well. The act of writing will help you think about each word, and will help you remember the verses longer. Questions and cross-references will be available in the weekly bulletin, which can be downloaded from the Streaming page.
When reading, ask yourself the following questions:
- What does it say about God?
- What does it say to/about me?
- What can I learn from this reading?
- Sunday: Proverbs 27:11-14
- Monday: Acts 1:1-5 What was Jesus speaking about? See vs 3. Consider why all the accounts of the resurrected Jesus appearing to people were limited to his followers and not to ‘unbelievers’.
- Tuesday: Acts 1:6-11 What’s interesting of the question in vs 6? Notice when their focus was on restoring the (political) kingdom of Israel, Jesus’ response was a spiritual one – see vs 8
- Wednesday: Acts 1:12-26 Notice how in the selection of the replacement disciple, both Scripture and ‘process’ was used to determine the will of God. How do you determine wisdom needed?
- Thursday: Acts 2:1-13 What an amazing event of Christian history! Outside of the phenomenal event, notice vs 8 ... an amazing experience is rarely for one’s self, it often has a purpose beyond ‘me’. See vs 11 to know what was the purpose/outcome of the experience
- Friday: Acts 2:14-21 Peter, the one who denied Jesus, went back fishing ... is now ministering in the power of the Spirit and the Word (notice all the Scripture being referenced).
- Saturday: Acts 2:22-36 Notice the boldness in vs 36! The same man who could not stand before a young girl ...a man who denied Jesus. Peter’s boldness comes from his experience of being with Jesus (vs 32). What is the basis of your boldness and freedom?
June 26 - July 2
- Sunday: Proverbs 27:15-20
- Monday: Acts 2:37-41 “Save yourselves from this crooked generation” (vs 40)! Do you intentionally ‘save’ yourself from the sin and nonsense around us?
- Tuesday: Acts 2:42-47 Notice the 4 things that they devoted themselves to – in doing these things, notice how the Gospel worked within and outside the Body
- Wednesday: Acts 3:1-10 Because of his healing, notice his response and testimony. Because of what Jesus has done for us ... others should be impacted; they should recognize a difference
- Thursday: Acts 3:11-16 That miracle was amazing! Notice how Peter deflects the attention he was getting ... there are no superstars in God’s Kingdom, the attention and glory is meant for God alone
- Friday: Acts 3:17-26 The Gospel message is always – repent from sin, turn to God, be blessed in that turn around conversion. If there was no “sin”, there needed to be no cross, no death, no Jesus ..
- Saturday: Acts 4:1-12 Notice the boldness of the same Peter who denied Jesus earlier (vs 8)! What does Scripture say as the source of his boldness?